You may think your homeowners or auto policy will cover you if someone is hurt in your home or on the road with you, but this is not always the case! Imagine someone suing you for an accident in a car you rented on vacation, the non-profit you work at comes under fire, or – heaven forbid – your teen ends up in a horrible car accident with friends in the back seat. Suddenly your policy is not enough.
Answer these nine questions below and see if YOU need an umbrella policy:
1. Do you know if your homeowner and/or auto policy has sufficient liability coverage if someone is hurt at your home or in your car?
2. Do you currently carry the umbrella minimum required auto limits of $250,000 per person $500,000 per accident?
3. Do you have teen drivers?
4. Do you own boats or other recreation vehicles?
5. Do you own a high value home?
6. Are you of high net worth?
7. Have you found yourself worried about being in an accident and not having enough coverage?
8. Have you recently acquired significant assets that would be at risk should you be in an accident or lawsuit?
9. Are you in need of aid for covering insane defense costs?
If you found yourself answering yes to any questions 3-9, you want to look into umbrella coverage. Call us today and we can talk you through the details! 970-352-9500.