Insuring Fire Departments through FirstFire Services
For the average citizen, fire departments are one of the special entities they rely on in traumatic situations. What you might not realize is multiple fire departments, some local to NOCO, and some out of state, rely on Union Colony Insurance to take care of their specialized fire department insurance needs!
As a fire fighter, the hazardous nature, specialty equipment, and technical aspects of fire department operations require a specialized fire department insurance program in order to protect their risk exposure.
Currently, Union Colony Insurance utilizes OneBeacon Government Risks’ FirstFire Program, designed to meet the specialized criteria necessary for each fire department to reduce their risk, take care of claims, and help keep our communities safe by taking care of our fire departments.
FirstFire Services Insurance Coverage Includes:
- Physical damage
- Agreed amount valuation for fire trucks and ambulances
- Tailored coverage extensions including:
- Commandeered vehicles
- Customized vehicles
- Reasonable force exception
- Building and business personal property
- Earthquake and flood available
- Business income and extra expense
- Equipment breakdown
- Comprehensive additional coverages including inland marine options
- Inland Marine
- Blanket limit replacement cost valuation for portable equipment
- Damage to volunteers’ property
- Commandeered equipment
- Personal effects and property of others
- General Liability
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Personal and advertising injury
- First responders and EMTs liability
- Liquor liability included
- Sexual abuse (optional coverage)
- Management Liability
- Wrongful acts
- Employee benefits administration
- Third-party harassment
- Claims-made or occurrence options
- Injunctive relief coverage
- Employment Practices Liability
- Back wages
- Employee harassment
- Applies to your volunteers and employees
- Excess Liability
- Available for all casualty lines
Contact us for more information on how your department can benefit from OneBeacon Government Risks’ FirstFire Services today!
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage:
Not only can Union Colony Insurance cover your fire department property, equipment, and liability exposure, we can insure full-time and part-time members with life insurance as well as accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) benefits.
Our AD&D insurance is provided by Provident, who has insured America’s dedicated heroes since 1928. Their 24-hour protection insures our firefighters continuously and covers them anywhere they may be in the world.
Contact us for more information on Provident Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance!