Amendment 69: A Dreadful Way to Replace ObamaCare
On the ballot this November, for anyone living in Colorado, there is an issue just as important as which Hilary or Trump you would like in the Oval Office. Amendment 69 is a way for Coloradans to change the state constitution by having universal, socialized healthcare for all residents.
To get an amendment on the Colorado state ballot, an organization must receive 100,000 signatures from residents. Many residents signed this petition just because it was an option to replace ObamaCare.
We all know ObamaCare is not living up to its promises as we read almost every day the effects of ObamaCare in our communities. Here is a recap:
- ObamaCare has not significantly reduced the uninsured as 33 million are still without health insurance. 
- Deductibles have increased 6 times faster than workers’ wages in the past 6 years! How is this affordable? 
- Health insurers are leaving the public market as it is quickly becoming less profitable. This has left one county in Arizona without public health options for 2017! 
- With alarmingly low competition as it is, some health companies are merging creating less competition. This doesn’t help the affordability of healthcare and companies won’t have to operate in patients best interests. 
These issues, among others, have led the American people unhappy with the way ObamaCare has turned out since its inception in 2010. And rightly so! This has led our fellow Coloradoans an opportunity to jump on a potentially different healthcare option just to rid ObamaCare.
But we have read into Amendment 69, or ColoradoCare as it is commonly called, and even though we agree we need a solution to fix healthcare, THIS IS NOT IT!
So what are the facts? Let’s look at what Amendment 69 will do to Colorado:
The only thing we can be certain about ColoradoCare is it will raise taxes significantly with a gigantic bureaucracy without promising better healthcare practices for its citizens.
There are many concerns if this amendment passes, including:
- Businesses will not like the increased taxes and leave the state.
- Medical professionals will reject the amendment and leave the state.
- Desperately ill people will flock to the state, eating up the per capita costs.
So what if the amendment passes and you want to get out of it? The short answer: You Cannot!
- The amendment will become part of the Colorado constitution and will be hard to repeal.
- EVERYONE has to pay into ColoradoCare via taxes but any alternative care polices you have will be used BEFORE you can use ColoradoCare.
We get it, we are also tired of ObamaCare and it’s lack of good healthcare options. But for Colorado, this alternative should NOT be worth considering! The same people who originally supported Obamacare are pushing ColoradoCare now. Look how that turned out.
Please read more into this amendment with the links provided. Make educated decisions when voting this election season.
For a list of all Colorado Ballot measures, visit: