Call Us Call Us! (970) 352-9500 (800) 752-6034

Commercial Vehicle Insurance

Policy Change Requests

As a business owner, you need the same kinds of insurance coverage for the car you use in your business as you do for a car used for personal travel.

A commercial vehicle policy, like your personal auto insurance, includes

  • Liability

  • Collision

  • Comprehensive

  • Medical payments or personal injury protection

  • Coverage for uninsured motorists

But many commercial employers and workers, which may include you, use the same vehicle for both business and pleasure, and don’t realize how much this changes a claim should an accident occur!

Whether you need to b
uy a business auto insurance policy will depend on the kind of driving you do, or what liability you need. Our independent insurance agents will ask you many details about how you use vehicles in your business, who will be driving them, and whether employees are likely to be driving their own cars for your business. 

While the major coverage policies are the same, a business auto policy differs from a personal auto policy in many technical respects. 
This can include higher liability because of the difference in types of passenger and gear attached to the work vehicle.

If you work on a farm, for example, there’s a specific commercial auto policy for you!

A key note, if the vehicle is owned by the business, make sure the name of the business appears on your commercial vehicle policy as the "principal insured," rather than your name. This will avoid possible confusion in the event that you need to file a claim or a claim is filed against you.

Ask your independent insurance agent at Union Colony Insurance to explain all the differences and options for your commercial vehicle policy! Give us a call at 970-352-9500.

© Copyright. All rights reserved.
Powered by Insurance Website Builder